Block party Food Drive…..It’s that easy!
Sandra Hasenack, a loyal Oak Table volunteer, recently turned a block party in her neighbourhood into a benefit for Oak Table Community Ministry. She delivered invitations to all her neighbours to donate a tin or two of meat or fish for Oak Table. Over 100 tins were collected!
Thanks to Sandra and her neighbours for using a social event to make the lives of others a little better.
Here are some easy ways to make it easy to help the Oak Table:
- Instead of gifts at your next celebration ask guests to make a donation of food or money for the Oak Table.
- Hosting your book club? Ask them to bring along a tin of salmon, tuna, ham or chicken.
- Picking up your weekly groceries? Add a couple of cans for Oak Table.
- Click here to learn about our most needed items.
- Host a dinner party or BBQ and have guests make a donation equivelent to the value of the meal. Save your receipts and receive a donation receipt for the cost (up to the amount paid by guests) of putting on the dinner.
Its that easy!